M-53 Zoeller Mighty Mate Sump Pump Description
When it comes to performance and reliability, the name that even professional contractors and plumbers count on is Zoeller; and from this company comes yet another stellar product – the M-53 Zoeller Mighty Mate Sump Pump.
This submersible pump has a 1/3 HP motor with a cast iron housing and plastic vortex impeller. Since all Zoeller sump pumps are factory tested underwater, you can count on the M-53 to last long and work dependably. Other features of the M-53 ZOELLER sump pump include powder coated epoxy CI and SS fasteners and oil filled motor with thermal overload.
- Automatic pumps turn on at a 7-1/4″ water level and pump until the water level is at 3″
- Engineered, glass-filled, plastic impeller with metal insert
- Cast switch case, motor and pump housing with powder coated epoxy finish
- Glass-filled polypropylene
- Stainless steel guard & handle
- Bearing -lower & upper oil fed cast iron
- Vortex impeller functions well to handle debris that would otherwise clog your pump
- Float operated, submersible (NEMA 6) 2 pole mechanical switch – turns on pump automatically when water gets high
- Automatic reset thermal overload protection
- Stainless steel screws and switch arm assembly won’t rust
- Cast switch case, motor and pump housing with powder coated epoxy finish.
- 115 volt or 230 volt, single phase
- Passes 1/2″ solids (sphere)
- 1-1/2″ NPT discharge
M-53 ZOELLER Review
All the reviews for the M-53 Zoeller Mighty Mate Sump Pump indicate that we are looking at perhaps the finest submersible sump pump in the market. People have been using the M-53 for several years and it has worked unfailingly and sturdily, without any major glitches or problems. As one user pointed out the M-53 ZOELLER sump pump is “pretty much indestructible” and performs its job with “ruthless efficiency.” After nearly 8 years of using it, he still didn’t need to buy a new one since the older one has a lot of life left in it.
Other users too were similarly impressed with the M-53 and almost all of them mentioned that it never failed them. Some features that nearly everyone found appealing were the cast iron switch case, motor, and pump housing, the engineered plastic impeller with metal insert, and the thermoplastic base. In addition, it works really quietly; you may never even know it is functioning unless you are somewhere close around it.
The only glitch that was noticed in the M-53 was that the switch tended to occasionally go. However, this is a really minor problem since the switch is available really cheap and it is easy to change too. Many people have recommended the M-53 be regularly maintained, the holes kept free of debris and the sediment that forms at the base be cleared out regularly. This helps greatly in prolonging the life of the sump pump.
Towards the end, there’s nothing more than we can say except that the M-53 Zoeller Mighty Mate Sump Pump is the first choice of professionals and you can’t beat this sort of trust. The M-53 is a great investment and it will probably stand as long as your house does.